Body organs aren’t all internal like the brain or the heart. There’s one we wear on the outside – skin which is human body’s largest organ.
Skin acts as a waterproof, insulating shield, guarding the body against extremes of temperature, damaging sunlight, and harmful chemicals. It also exudes antibacterial substances that prevent infection and manufactures vitamin D for converting calcium into healthy bones.
Here are some of the most interesting facts about your skin:
- The average person’s skin covers an area of 6 to 7 square feet.
- Skin accounts for about 15% of your body weight.
- The average adult has approximately 21 square feet of skin, which weighs 9 lbs and contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
- The average person has about 300 million skin cells. A single square inch of skin has about 19 million cells and up to 300 sweat glands.
- Your skin is its thickest on your feet (1.4mm) and thinnest on your eyelids (0.2mm).
- The skin renews itself every 28 days.
Some people think that their body skin doesn’t really need much special attention. But if we want to age well and be comfortable in our skin, then we gotta take care of our bodies.
You probably have a daily skincare regimen for your face – but what about your body? We often focus so much on our face, neck, and chest that we forget the other 80% of our body.
While makeup and various other beauty products will do much to enhance our looks, unless and until we take good care of our bodies, the end result won’t always be pleasing. So here are a few body care tips to make sure you take care of your body :
1.Take shorter showers or baths (3-10 minutes). Keep in mind that hotter water is more drying.
2. Once or twice a week, GENTLY exfoliate your body. Using a Forever Flawless BRILLIANCE – Diamond Body Scrub will result in smoother, softer, and radiant skin. Directions for use: Apply onto wet skin in shower. Gently rub, then rinse off with warm water. Complete treatment with Forever Flawless Diamond Body Butter.
3. A harsher salt scrub may be used once a month. Forever Flawless Salt Sorbet is a rich, luxurious hands & body scrub with exclusive fragrances and colors formulated to invigorate your skin and delight your senses. Rich with essential oils, this scrub will gently exfoliate your skin, leaving it silky smooth, nourished, fresh, and smooth.
Directions: Apply onto slightly wet skin. Massage thoroughly for 30 seconds. Rinse with warm water.
4. Every day and every time you get out of the bath or slower, lube your entire body with cream or lotion. Get the Forever Flawless Hand and Body Lotion and see brilliant results fast. This luxurious body lotion deeply penetrates your skin and gives it just the right dose of nutrients it lacks. It transforms the look of your skin and leaves it feeling instantly soft to the touch.
5. Dark elbows and knees- Isn’t it annoying when the rest of your skin is glowing while your elbows and knees display a different shade altogether? All you need is some lime juice to even out the darkened elbows and bring back your natural skin tone. Cut some fresh lime wedges and simply rub them over your elbows and knees. Leave it for 20 minutes. Take a towel soaked in hot water and scrub it out.
Use makeup to make brighter and more glowing skin:
-One of the easiest ways to create the appearance of glowing skin- Add a liquid highlighter to your lotion.This lotion will instantly hydrates and luminizes your skin for an all-over fresh glow
-Highlight your shoulders and arms – use a soft powder brush to apply your highlighter on the apple of your shoulder, and then sweeping your brush down the outside of your arm. This will give your arms a subtle glow.
-Highlight your legs – You know how you can apply your highlighter down the bridge of your nose to make it seem narrower? Same goes for your legs, simply highlight down the centre of your legs to make them not only look slimmer, but to give them a natural glow, too.
-Highlight your clavicle- Simply take your highlighter, a loose powdered brush and sweep the illuminating good stuff along the actual clavicle bone. Couldn’t be any easier.